Possible Fermentation Problem with First Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hogsooey

Reaction score
I am brewing my first beer - an English Pale Ale (kit). My primary fermenter is a 6.5 gallon carboy. During the first 24 hours, fermentation went quite well. After that, fermentation diminished, not completely, but almost. It has now been in the fermenter for roughly 2.3 days as of now. It doesn't seem like much is going on, but I think I may have a minute, minute amount of fermentation. I am fairly sure I have a good seal and the temperature in the room is 70 degrees. Is there anything I can or should do at this point to help? I was figuring on just leaving it for about another week in the primary and then transfering to a 5 gallon carboy for another week and just seeing what I got. I have a couple of ideas why I may be having these problems, but at this point, I am mainly wondering if there is anything I can do or should do to help with fermentation. Thanks.

did you take a hydrometer reading? fermentation may be done, that happens sometimes. I'd say stick to your plan and you should be fine.

If you haven't already read this, check this site out:

www.howtobrew.com

Thanks for the links. I haven't taken a hydrometer reading since it has been in the carboy. I'll do that.

Back