Portable kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschoeffler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on taking a Cornelius keg to a Thanksgiving camping reunion. I was hoping to get an idea from the experts on the best option for dispensing. This will be outdoors for 3 days and simplicity is must. This likely will be a one-off.
Thanks in Advance.

Ultimately you need a jockey box for this. This is the general idea. I suppose for a one-off you could use a picnic tap instead of a faucet, and put the coil and the tap both in the cooler to avoid drilling a second hole. (Though I don’t know if opening the cooler for drinks will significantly cut down your ice holding time.)

What are you anticipating ambient temps will be? Maybe you'll be needing to protect it from freezing? Regarding C02 I imagine you're aware of the existence of miniature C02 cartridge regulators, is that what you're asking about? Anyway, maybe a couple of cartridges could dispense a corny? And I guess they're relatively inexpensive

Back