Portable CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dime1622

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm looking for the right solution for dispensing my beer here in a couple months for an outdoor event. I have four ball-lock corny kegs, two will be a hefe and two will be a pale ale, necessitating two taps at once. I will be carbing all four kegs in my keezer. I have a 10# CO2 into a 5-way manifold in my keezer. Certainly there's no way to remove the manifold and all my lines.

I'm thinking that I take the CO2 bottle and regulator with me and buy four new ball locks and some line and create a Y and serve at the same pressure (I don't see the need to get finnicky with using different pressures for each keg), using the other two ball locks on the other end with party taps.

Is that the right approach, or is there something smarter?

Hey all - I'm looking for the right solution for dispensing my beer here in a couple months for an outdoor event. I have four ball-lock corny kegs, two will be a hefe and two will be a pale ale, necessitating two taps at once. I will be carbing all four kegs in my keezer. I have a 10# CO2 into a 5-way manifold in my keezer. Certainly there's no way to remove the manifold and all my lines.

I'm thinking that I take the CO2 bottle and regulator with me and buy four new ball locks and some line and create a Y and serve at the same pressure (I don't see the need to get finnicky with using different pressures for each keg), using the other two ball locks on the other end with party taps.

Is that the right approach, or is there something smarter?

I use those "Co2 guns" with little co2 cannisters to dispense for one or two day events. You can make a Y, and haul your co2 tank and regulator if you want, but sometimes it's a lot of trouble.

Yes, but not that particular one with the 16 gram cartridges. I have two of them, and they are even great when you run out of gas in your co2 tank on the weekend and you can dispense with those guns until you can get your tank filled. I keep one at home, and one at my cottage as a backup gas supply.

I use on of those for fishing/camping/picnics and it is waaaay easier than dragging the tank and regulator around

I have two 20oz paintball tanks and a regulator, so I don't have to fool around with my 5lb tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back