Poppets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adx

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is correlation between the type of ball lock keg post and the poppet that goes in it?

I have a keg that is labeled as a Firestone Challenger V that needs new poppets. The keg posts are the 6 sided 11/16" type. The poppet I pulled out if looks like this one http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=62 which Keg Connection lists as a Cornelius brand.

The rubber seal on the current poppets got squished so now I'm not sure which ones I need. Maybe someone put the wrong poppets in it at one time and that's why they are damaged. Or maybe someone put new posts on it and now I need Cornelius poppets. Any ideas?

There is a manufacturer correlation but, in many cases some "universal poppets" have been developed and in a lot of cases it comes down to whether the poppet is short or tall, skinny or fat.

Foxx Equipment has been excellent in stocking a variety of odd poppets at a decent price. They have a website but, you really need to order the catalog to get the pricing. They have a "version" of their catalog in an on-line pdf minus pricing.

They are wholesale but, I don't think they verify.

Back