Popped the top on my first HB tonight!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewby, my beer

Reaction score
It is my first batch ever. I did an extract kit from Austin Home Brew.

Cooper's Dark Ale.

The color is very nice. A dark amber. It had a very nice head on it

head.jpg

After the head died down it had some nice lace stuff hanging on the sides

It's got a dark roasted nutty taste. It has a very sharp/dry aftertaste. I'm not really sure if that is typical of the style or not. I think that will mellow with time.

All and all, I think this is going to be a very good beer. It has been in the bottles two weeks today. After another week or two it will probably only get better.

Now I just have to think up a clever name to call it!

Thats awesome... I was so scared my first brew was going to taste like crap, but mine was good too...

Jester

Brewby said:
All and all, I think this is going to be a very good beer. It has been in the bottles two weeks today. After another week or two it will probably only get better.

Yep, it ususally gets better.

Beer is about the only food I can consume every day. I'm not getting tired of it (maybe of a particular style for a while). I also love BBQ, but I couldn't eat this every day. But beer :rockin:

Welcome to this great hobby. I called my 1st batch "Pipe Cleaner Pale Ale" because so many things went wrong. but It was great, after all it was #1. But many of the other batches didn't get names. I'm just not a creative guy :p

Kai

It looks really good! I am not a person that likes to wait but one time I left a six of cream ale at a freinds house I went back over like 2 months later and he told me he still had my beer we drank it and it tasted 10X better than I remember that batch being. I doubt if I left some there again it would still be there he always ask me now you got any homebrew.

Ok, hmm....we don't believe you that its really that good. So go ahead and hop in your car and we're going to need you to deliver one to each of us so we can see for ourselves!!! :mug:

Grats on the brew!!

Congrats; good job! That glass looks very inviting! Now, what are ya waitin' for? Go brew another batch!;) :mug:

Congrats! Had a bottle of my own first brew not too long ago and I know the feeling thinking you completely f****d it up and then, to your amazement, it actually tastes GOOD. I was so scared I'd made bottle grenades I actually opened my first bottle over the sink with my face turned away, just in case ... :D

Looks like you had a very successful first brew dude -- good luck with the Hefeweizen!

Congrats on your first brew! Nothing like opening that first bottle (that has carbonation ;)), pouring it into a glass, taking a sip, and realizing you've made the real deal.

ttt for rubarbs avatar!!!

why don't you have a bigger version of that in your gallery???

:D

j/k

Back