Pomegranate Limeade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ix3u

Reaction score
SO... This is my first recipe that I'm posting. It might be terrible but here it goes.

I went to Trader Joe's today with the soul purpose of getting some juice to start something new. What I was going for I wasn't sure but knew I needed something else brewing. So after browsing the juice section, I decided to pick up a couple bottles (64oz) of their pomegranate limeade juice. Now, I'm going to preface this by stating that I have NO idea what pomegranate juice taste like. I'm not a big juice drinker but it sounded like something that was right up my wife's alley so it's what I went with (also picked up two bottles of the 100% tart cherry juice, but I'll leave that for another story).

Here is what I threw together.

2x 64oz pomegranate limeade juice from trader joe's
1 cup sugar
1/2 packet of RS Montrachet yeast

Poured half of each jug into gallon jug.
Threw 1/2 cup of sugar in each half jug.
Waiting for the ridiculous amount of foam to die down.
Poured remnants of one jug in.
Poured in the yeast.
Washed the yeast down with the second bottle.

It is super murky but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll clear eventually!
IMG_20140528_223647_zps0229b99b.jpg

Let me know what you think! or don't :p

Well after looking through the cider thread and not being able to find it, I realized I posted this in the wrong section...

Anyways. Just checked today and this has already fermented all the way dry.. Like .987 so I I went ahead and racked it and threw in some sparkolloid and tossed it in the fridge. Hopefully it will clear pretty fast because it smells delicious!

I'll update again with some tasting notes once it happens.

Back