Polyclar in keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanppp

Reaction score
I have just finished dry hopping in my keg and would like to drop the hop polyphenals out of the beer. If I put polyclar in and crash the beer for a couple days, then bottle with a Blichmann beer gun, should I just put a pint down the drain and then assume that the rest of the beer I'm drawing off will not have polyclar in it? Does anyone have experience with this?

I would only do that if you run the beer through a plate filter first. Otherwise rack it off or use a cut dip tube to avoid drawing in the plastic.

That reply makes no sense. The beer is already fermented and in a keg.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, next time I'll cut the tube but for now it's already in the keg.

Just pour off a few pints until it's clear. You'll be fine from there.

Just pour off a few pints until it's clear. You'll be fine from there.

Be careful with Polyclar post fermentation like this; I've done it 3 or 4 times and it DOES change the flavor and mouthfeel of the beer, even significantly if you add too much.

Its a bit like over-filtering beer, IMO.

Heavily dry hopped beers are SUPPOSED to be cloudy; lager or filter them to aid clarity, polyclar can help but in my experience it's difficult to not change the flavor for the worse with polyclar.

Adam

Latest posts

Back