poll-which label do you like

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which label version?

• #1 plain black

• #2 no dog doo

• #3 outhouse

• #4 english teeth dogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

bionicbrew

Reaction score
so I have made a few label versions for my english nut brown ale. most are rough drafts, the last one really needs a halo around the lettering so I can make it all the same color, but I have to do that at home with photoshop. so try to envision it that way.:D around here it seems about even for each.
brown_ale_1.JPG

brown_ale_2.JPG

brown_ale_4.GIF

brown_ale_6.JPG

have to say I liked #3 best. but the font.. eh not a big fan of it but get it's point.
I think "it's a bit nutty" would work across the outhouse.
the text just seems a bit off balance.

I like the simplicity and class of the first, but the "It's a bit nutty" font clashes too drastically with the main font.

I thought #4 was hilarious and a good relevant joke, but I don't like photos on labels for some reason.

I liked #1 the best if it were in dark brown instead of black, so I voted for #2 because it was so appropriate.

Oh yeah, #3 sucked donkey balls! ;)

I enjoyed seeing them all, but on a tap handle or beer bottle I think the first works best. I thought to myself, would my mom drink the beer if those others labels were on it? That's just how I think about it. If it's just for drinking with your buds, I kinda liked the one with the two doggies.

Back