Polish Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smadaus

Reaction score
I'm looking for recipe ideas for a Polish beer. A friend is getting married at the end of the summer and I was asked to make a Polish style beer. I know nothing about Polish beer and was hoping people could lend some advice with ingredients and methods. Thanks.

Last edited:
Most of their common beers are pretty much light European lagers. As Hoppy stated above, Grodziskie is a traditional style but is smoked. Might not be something that everyone likes. You can make fake lagers with clean ale yeasts treated well, then cold conditioned for a while.

EB344BB2-0478-445B-A378-604A55910742.jpeg
A good Baltic porter could work, also not everyone’s cup of tea.

Yea I definitely would like something light as it might appeal to more people. I'm looking around and found this, thoughts? Ideas for ingredients?

Ciechan-Miodowe.jpg

Another one from the Ciechan brewery, this one stands out in the list because of one of its unique ingredients – natural honey! Ceichan Miodowe has been chosen as the best honey beer, every year, in the Plebiscite for Beer of the Year, since the year of its launch.

With 5.7% ABV, this beer is neither too strong nor too light, and its additional natural sweet taste makes it famous among both sexes of beer lovers. The honey in the beer is unfiltered, pasteurized, and exclusively produced through natural means.

It is light straw-colored and has an intense aroma of honey with floral accents and light bitterness. The beer has a shelf life of 45 days.

Yeah, there are some dark beers, baltic porters etc. as well. If you have lagering capabilties I'd just go with a lager and try to find lublin or marynka hops. Czech and german stuff would be fine too. A kolsch yeast or wlp 001 with a healthy pitch and good aeration, then some cold conditioning should do the trick. Just call it something Polish sounding like Na Zrowie or something and it'll all be good. That honey beer does sound interesting, though.

If you can find an email for Ryan Gostomski at Zywiec brewing he could probably help. He’s from Winona, MM and is the head brewer there. Don’t know him personally but know have had a few brews with his family.

Back