Polish Beer - Lomza

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
So I gave away some homebrew at work since everyone wanted samples when I toldd them I won awards at the county fair. One of my co-workers is Polish and traded me some beer. It was a 500mL can of a Pilsner-style beer. The can says Lomza Petne Premium Beer Wyborowe. I know the brewery is Lomza, does anyone know what the other words mean?

As far as the beer, it was a good pilsner. The flavor was very light, crisp and dry. A little hop bitterness, not much but still balanced. It was a nice deep straw, golden color. I would have guessed it would have been somewhere like a lighter version of a pils if it were not for the 6% ABV on the can. I am surprised at the lightness and balance for being that strong.

kush said:
Another really good polish beer is Zywiec. Top two fav brews. http://www.zywiec.com.pl/#main

I love the Zwiec porter. I bought a bottle that was on-sale at a distribution store (About an hr away from me), boy what a good find! I asked my brother in law who lives right by the store to bring me some Zywiec next tiime he came to Syracuse. He brought me the regular Zywiec, which I liked too!

Back