Podcasts about homebrewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braukorps

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going on a road trip and need something to listen to besides an audiobook.

What is your favorite podcast concerning beer, homebrewing, and other types of alcohol?

Thanks in advance!

+1 for Experimental Brewing.

Brülosophy is also great (if you can get past the incessant commercials).

I've listened to a fair share of homebrewing podcasts and the three podcasts already mentioned (basic brewing, experimental brewing and brulosophy) are head and shoulders above the rest IMHO.

If you haven't listened to basic brewing radio there are years worth of content that's still worth listening to. Especially the yearly disaster show!

There's also "can you brew it," their archives are worth checking out if your interested in cloning.

Beersmiths podcast can get an honorable mention.

I subscribe to quite a few (but have not kept up as much without my usual work commute). I second some mentioned (Brulosophy, Experimental Brewing/Brew Files, Basic Brewing Radio, and BeerSmith).

The Brulosophy companion podcast "The Bru Lab" has put out some great content lately. I highly recommend it if the science side of brewing appeals to you.

Craft Beer and Brewing Magazine Podcast and Master Brewers Podcast often have interesting content (sometimes it is more pro focused).

Some newer ones are Homebrewing DIY and Progress Your Beer.

Brew Strong would be better if the humor was less geared toward 12 year old boys...but John and Jamil are legends and full of knowledge. The Brewing Network has a few others, but I am not sure which ones put out new content.

A lot of good info in the older years of The Brewing Network, Beersmith and Basic Brewing Radio. Some of it long in the tooth as far as modern brewing practices but also still a lot of good info. The Brewing Network has always had its share of banter and a sense of humor not everybody will appreciate but it seems like in the past several years there has been more of that and less useful information, unfortunately. It seems between Jamil leaving to focus on his brewery and Justin checking out shortly after the network of shows went on autopilot. Maybe time to bring that project to a conclusion.

I run a podcast called Pop Culture Brews, we brew beer inspired by movies, books, etc. We share a new beer recipe every episode

Dilbert on August 22, 2021

Adding to the above podcasts mentioned, I also enjoy MBAA but it can be pretty technical at times. Geared more toward craft and commercial brewers but you can learn a few things.

No love for Homebrew Happy Hour out there? I've learned a lot from that one. Ads aren't too bad, but I do fast forward through the small talk at the beginning of each episode lol

No love for Homebrew Happy Hour out there? I've learned a lot from that one. Ads aren't too bad, but I do fast forward through the small talk at the beginning of each episode lol

Please skip over any of them with me in them. :)
I spend more time laughing than actually providing any helpful information.

Please skip over any of them with me in them. :)
I spend more time laughing than actually providing any helpful information.
I disagree! The one with just you and Josh is pretty good I think :) it inspired me to try fermenting non-beer things, like kombucha and pickles

I disagree! The one with just you and Josh is pretty good I think :) it inspired me to try fermenting non-beer things, like kombucha and pickles

Aww shucks, ma'am. We sure have a good time. I love those guys like brothers. Except for Josh. But please don't tell him that.......... you should see us together at HomebrewCon. It's too much fun to even be called "work" really!

I clicked Episode Archive, and I get 50 pages with 5 on each page, going back to 2015.
That's what I'm seeing also.

It's an archive, not a photo gallery.

I guess I could try one of the podcast sites (e.g. tunein.com) and see if they provide more podcasts per page. Historically most of them will list titles, but often hide the summary behind a "more" button. Not helpful for scanning an archive.

BBR seems strikes a good balance - all episodes for a year on a single page, show the full summary. Very easy to scan and search using existing browser tools.

Dr Homebrew is great also. Wish I could taste along while they evaluate beers sent into them. Good to hear what they look for and suggestions for how to correct defects they find. Haven't sent one in yet, but hope to do so someday. Dr. Homebrew | The Brewing Network

Master brewers podcast

It's the most informationally and factually accurate one that I've been able to find but it's geared for pro brewers. Still tons of good information

Hop and brew school podcast is also another really good and super technical one. I learned more about hops from that short show than anywhere else.

I also enjoyed brew strong

Back