PM for the summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I've been doing AG batches for a couple of years, but for the summer heat, I'm sticking to a few PM batches. They take half the time and I can finish and clean up before it gets TOO hot.

Anybody else curtailing brewing, or just doing PM/Extract batches due to the heat?

:drunk:

I guess I'm lucky...I live in Colorado. I brew indoors in a ventilated brew room, then wheel my rig to clean outside.

I wouldn't curtail brewing for the heat unless I couldn't keep fermentation temps in a good range. Again I'm lucky, my basement stays at 64 (floor) to 66 (table) most of the year. I have a heat pad on a controller to keep my current beer at 68.

I guess I'm lucky...I live in Colorado. I brew indoors in a ventilated brew room, then wheel my rig to clean outside.

I wouldn't curtail brewing for the heat unless I couldn't keep fermentation temps in a good range. Again I'm lucky, my basement stays at 64 (floor) to 66 (table) most of the year. I have a heat pad on a controller to keep my current beer at 68.

Fermentation temps are not the issue. I have a mini fridge based chiller that I am currently fermenting 8 gallons of PM Mexican Amber Lager in, at a nice steady 54*F.

It's the sloppy, uber humid 100*F summer heat crap that makes it miserable.

I have been out in CO in the summer, trust me, it doesn't really get hot out there.

The Memphis area sucks in the summer.

:(

Latest posts

Back