Plumbing Leak Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menschmaschine

Reaction score
My kitchen sink has leaks in the water lines as seen below. They are pretty slow leaks. They're both leaking at the SS braided fitting end. The hot water line is leaking in 2 places (above and below the fitting) and the cold water line is just leaking above the fitting as indicated by the arrows. (I tied some paper towels around the lines below to temporarily catch the water... that's where they transition to CPVC.)

I tried tightening them, but they still leak and I don't want to try anything else without more information on why it's leaking and how to fix. Do I need new SS braided lines? Could I just unscrew them and try teflon tape? Any ideas on why it's leaking? Some blue goo is running out of them as well... evidently some type of plumber's sealant. I'm pretty handy, so I'd like to try to fix it, but plumbing is a bit out of my realm. Anyone with good plumbing knowledge have some ideas?

PlumbingLeak.jpg

This happened to me the other day while trying to re-route my ice maker hook-up...

I would go with using some Teflon tape on both of them first... Keep an eye on them and then go from there... If not, start replacing parts.... I ended up with two new valve assemblies and new PET lines for each supply... Let's just say I am glad that the nearest HD is 4 minutes away... And SWMBO was willing to make the 4th trip of the day....

:mad:

Back