Plumbing a brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CthulhuDreaming

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning a brew stand build, and as part of that, I'm installing a water supply manifold for two purposes - one is to add a convenient spigot for filling my HLT, and the other is to supply water and drain wastewater from my chiller. Basically, the water manifold is for hose management more than anything, I want to keep the supply and waste hoses out of the way and away from heat. I plan on fitting the supply input with a hose fitting and connect to a hose bib, and something similar on the waste side.

Clearly, for the fill spigot I could use pretty much anything rated for potable water (such as schedule 40 PVC), but for the fittings and pipe plumbed to the chiller water in/out ports are going to be exposed to some heat. I'm using 306 stainless and high-temp silicone on the wort side, of course.

What would be recommended for plumbing the water side?

I'm doing mine in copper; just because I have some pipe, fittings, and know I can whip it together pretty quickly.

I'm even using copper on the wort side :p

Back