Pliny Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love Russian River's 510ml bottles, and I'd use more of them, but they are a pain in the neck to get the labels off. Lots of soaking, scrubbing, and wondering if it's even worth it.

PBW. The first soak got the paper off. A second soak got *most* of the glue off (with some elbow grease). I think I'm going to try some Goo-Gone to get the rest of it off.

PBW. The first soak got the paper off. A second soak got *most* of the glue off (with some elbow grease). I think I'm going to try some Goo-Gone to get the rest of it off.
Rubbing alcohol may work wonders on the glue(depending on type). Saturate a paper towel in rubbing alcohol and leave it on the glue for about a minute, then rub and see if it comes off.

A stainless steel scrub pad and Pam or other cooking spray oil works really well for me to get that glue substance off glass bottles. The oil seems to act like a solvent to loosen the residue and keeps it from sticking again once it is off. Plain cooking oil works also but not quite as well as the spray stuff. I like .5L bottles as well. Better than the 22 oz bottles.

Back