Please help with co2 tank/regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IL1kebeer

Reaction score
Hooked up co2 to keg and the regulator doesn't stop sending co2 to keg no matter how low I set it. Can anyone help?

What does the low pressure gauge read? Does it keep going up? How high? It actually sounds more like you have a really bad leak in the keg or maybe you are completely missing the oring on the gas post.

Before doing anything, is there a gasket between the CO2 tank valve and your regulator stem? Very common problem, especially with novitiates.

Otherwise, simplify the problem: disconnect the gas connection to the keg. If your regulator has a shut-off valve, close it. Then what happens?

Cheers!

Late reply. Gasket is intact and not cracked. Pressure is normal in the co2 tank. The problem went away on its own, strangely. I have no idea what caused it, but I would like to have figured it out. Only thing that I can think of is that the co2 tank was sitting in the fridge for two weeks after the last keg was spent. Should I have taken it out and let it sit at room temp? It was working fine with the last keg and after two weeks of sitting in the fridge it acted up when I hooked it up to the new keg. The problem went away after taking it out of the fridge for 30 mins or so.

A lot of folks have their CO2 tank and regulator(s) inside their kegerator/keezer and seem to get by. Unless something (like moisture) actually froze inside your regulator, I would look elsewhere for the root cause of the problem. It might be as simple as a bit of machining debris got caught in the regulator seat but eventually cleared itself...

Cheers!

Back