please help me order the right gear with my keg!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

globell

Reaction score
So I'm needing to order online as there are no suppliers in my area and this is my first keg set up.
Looks like I'm getting a torpedo keg and a blichmann beer gun.

Using my keg to carbonate and bottle cider for now and possibly do the kegerator thing in the future :) Keeping it simple for now.

I have a fridge that will suffice.

So I will also need:
1. two connectors (ball I think) and hose
(how much hose?)
2. Fitting for the regulator for two outs (one for beer gun)
3. Keg
4. Beer gun

I have access to a c02 tank and regulator but the reg may be in litres per minute. Is that an issue?

What am I missing?

THANKS in advance!!

Regulator should be in units of pressure (psi) Flow meters will be in units of volume (lpm).
I don't keg myself but I am planning on getting some equipment soon I hope.
You should check that your reg has a GCA-320 fitting. This is the one needed for CO2. It should be stamped on the fitting. If not, you can get one to replace the one you have for cheap and still be able to use the same reg. But you will need to get a pressure gauge instead of the flow meter to set the correct pressure on the downstream side of the reg. I assume you have a pressure gauge on the upstream side to measure tank pressure. McMaster Carr is a good source.

I take it the beer gun is a type of counter pressure bottle filler? If so you might consider a DIY filler as they are easy to make. I've never used the beergun but I have owned a CPBF for many years that now never gets used.

You might want to get a cobra tap to serve directly from the keg.

I'll look into a cobra tap. I've been just been filling with picnic tap.

I have a blichman beer gun but haven't used it.

Back