Please help me name my brewery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have only skimmed the thread so it might have been mentioned already, but how about Maple Rose Brewing?

maybe we need more specific information, like what part of canada and what part of england.

If i had to put a name on my bottles and kegs, it was easy for me, because my house turns out to be in the Lincoln Gardens sub-division, though nobody but the county assessor uses that name for the neighborhood anymore

Well,since you guys were the sailing empire of the world, How about Three Sheets Brewing Co? Western Cross Brewery? Skooner Brewing Co.? Ramblin Rover brewery? Skooner Bay Brewery? To name a few...

Red, White, and Brew Co.

There are plenty of breweries that don't end with the word "brewery".

I think i'm going to go with this. I'm sure the logo will dispel any thoughts of it being US.

It totally sounds like a brewery from the U.S.A. After all red, white and blue(brew) is a nickname for the US flag. I just can't help to think of this everytime I say it to myself. The logo is not going to help this. I think you should give it more thought.

Here's another suggestion.

Royal Canadian Brewery (RCB):rockin:

wesbray said:
So I guess the question now is - Is Red White and Brew too American sounding?

Yes it is. As an American I didn't see the UK Canadian reference in it.
I kinda like Mounted Bobby Brewery someone suggested.

maybe we need more specific information, like what part of canada and what part of england.

If i had to put a name on my bottles and kegs, it was easy for me, because my house turns out to be in the Lincoln Gardens sub-division, though nobody but the county assessor uses that name for the neighborhood anymore

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta and originally from Brighton, England.

Hey Wes,

How about Red & White Brewery or Red, White Brewing Co. You could still use the "tattoo logo".

Why not Wesbray Brewing Company? Sounds to me like something one might hear in london, and it reminds me of West Bay in Canada. Plus, you've already come up with it...

It totally sounds like a brewery from the U.S.A. After all red, white and blue(brew) is a nickname for the US flag. I just can't help to think of this everytime I say it to myself. The logo is not going to help this. I think you should give it more thought.

Here's another suggestion.

Royal Canadian Brewery (RCB):rockin:

You just want that 6 pack for yourself ;)

Jeez, these guys here are like a pack of wolves!!

I would buy beer from Red, White, & Brew Co. and not make the dumb assumption as to where they came from without looking at, and reading the bottle itself.

I don't expect Russian River beers to be made near a river in Russia. Nor would I assume that the Cali Brewery, Sierra Nevada, was brewing in Nevada. Real life isn't always THAT literal.

I thought mine were more creative. They put visions in your head just reading them. Red white & blue def isn't gunna cut it. It refers to our flag to most folks. What was it they call their flag...the union jack? Anyway,I think Skooner Bay Brewery invoked sailing from UK to Cananda...

You just want that 6 pack for yourself ;)

Jeez, these guys here are like a pack of wolves!!

I would buy beer from Red, White, & Brew Co. and not make the dumb assumption as to where they came from without looking at, and reading the bottle itself.

I don't expect Russian River beers to be made near a river in Russia. Nor would I assume that the Cali Brewery, Sierra Nevada, was brewing in Nevada. Real life isn't always THAT literal.

Hi Bob,

I see you're a little put out by that 6 pack slipping though your clutches.:D

I also see your point about the Russian River (sounds like Rushing River to me)brewery not having to be from Russia. The fact remains though that Wes was trying to come up with a name that does make reference to his geographic location (past & present). Naming his brewer after the US flag is not really what he's looking for.
:fro:

Hi Bob,

I see you're a little put out by that 6 pack slipping though your clutches.:D

I also see your point about the Russian River (sounds like Rushing River to me)brewery not having to be from Russia. The fact remains though that Wes was trying to come up with a name that does make reference to his geographic location (past & present). Naming his brewer after the US flag is not really what he's looking for.
:fro:

Not really. I just think it's very disrespectful for people posting a barrage of replies after the OP has decided, and has also offered an extended courtesy. Seems to me that YOU guys want that 6-pack much more than I. Wolves.

Also, the brewery would not be named after the US flag. If you can't see this in a creative / non-literal sense, then I don't know what to tell you. Calling it "American Flag Brewery" would be naming it after the US flag.

When you use a "play on words", the term is not usually meant to be taken literally.

Case in point:

Boneyard Beer Company in Oregon does not brew their beers in a boneyard or cemetary.

Hair of the Dog Brewing Co. and Ass Kisser Brewing in Cali? Tasty, if taken literally!!

Not really. I just think it's very disrespectful for people posting a barrage of replies after the OP has decided, and has also offered an extended courtesy. Seems to me that YOU guys want that 6-pack much more than I.

Also, the brewery would not be named after the US flag. If you can't see this in a creative / non-literal sense, then I don't know what to tell you. Calling it "American Flag Brewery" would be naming it after the US flag.

Bob,

I meant no disrespect!:mug:

I was just enjoying the discussion here on this thread. In the true sense of a discussion there must plenty of thoughts from a number of points of view, with multiple possible outcomes. I think thats what's happening here.

Chad
Log Cabin Brewery

It's cool.

By any chance are you brewing in a real Log Cabin hut in the middle of the forest, or should I not assume that? :mug:

Ha! Got you! My brewery is in a log cabin (house) in the town of Golden which is nestled in the forest surrounded by the Canadian Rocky Mountains.

Wow... some cool ones...

I was partial to the ones that combined the names of both countries... not all of them, but a bunch

I thought Laitude 51 was nice... hell I like the idea of using "both" numbers like 45-75 (for Oattaw for example)

...but I guess next you are going to say it is YOUR BREWERY and you get to name it what you want... fine be that way!!!!!

HA!

Good Luck

I definitely think more info is needed. Like where in Canada you live, where in England you came from, what connection exactly would you like to have (past, present, future or a combination-geographic, historic or combination etc...). What ever you do, like others have suggested, don't be hasty in your decision. Think about it and make sure it has meaning to you and (more importantly imo) the people you hope will drink your beer as well.

I would even suggest doing some research about your new home and find some obscure historic or geographic fact or connection that fits. Either way, good luck....:mug:

I definitely think more info is needed. Like where in Canada you live, where in England you came from, what connection exactly would you like to have (past, present, future or a combination-geographic, historic or combination etc...). What ever you do, like others have suggested, don't be hasty in your decision. Think about it and make sure it has meaning to you and (more importantly imo) the people you hope will drink your beer as well.

I would even suggest doing some research about your new home and find some obscure historic or geographic fact or connection that fits. Either way, good luck....:mug:

I live in Edmonton, Alberta but im currently staying in Grande Prairie, Alberta. I'm originally from Brighton and Hove, Sussex, England. Any kind of link between the two would be good, im planning brews that tie the two together, e.g. A maple bitter.

My girlfriend suggested United Maple Brewing Co which isn't bad!

Latest posts

Back