Playing around with concepts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefe

Reaction score
hearthglenhoneybrown.jpg

meadowgoldale.jpg

pasturepaleale.jpg

plotbottompumpkin.jpg

I think this is the final draft.

Its simple and clean and I like it that way so I'm not going to play much more with it.

hearthglenhoneybrown-final.jpg

looks like photoshop. i would Hue/Saturation (ctrl+U) on the Wheat layer...its looking a bit green next to the golden prairie.

i also think the prairie brew type is too low and has an odd spatial relationship with the prairie itself. i almost think it should be in the sky with the rest or completely in the golden field. maybe trim the sky down and make the prairie taller.

SORRY! i like the label, just a few thoughts...not meant as harsh criticism!

Feedback appreciated, Wheat King.

I have created another sketch based on some of your comments....

STill playing with the 'clean and simple' look, however, as I don't want to stray too far from the original prototype.

hearthglenhoneybrown-final2.jpg

I like how you added the wheat on the left but I still think there is a little too much empty blue space.

I think the latest effort is the best. I tend to agree there is a little too much blue space, but if you like it simple, that's all that matters. You could also throw a ABV text on there somewhere (upper right hand corner?) and make some sort of small prairie brew logo/seal to go in the upper left hand corner? Might cut down on some of the blue-ness?

Overall I like it though!

i dont mind the sky being too large now. to me it gives it mood, kind of a peacefullness and an environmental vastness.

one more thought is to try adding a "stroke", (maybe white or light gold) to the type, especially the lower, to pop it out from the background (i dont think the drop shadow is enough). enough suggestions from me, but give it a quick look if you feel it.

i love the colors!

Ayup Wheat King. You have a good idea for details that make the graphic work.

I hadn't planned to work so hard on this today at work but the feedback here has been great from all of you.

hearthglenhoneybrown-final3.jpg

Alright, one more kick at the cat.

Since it's probable that I'll be using recycled grolsch bottles, I decided that a bottle-neck label might be more practical.

Here's a sketch of that.

bottleneckpaleale.jpg

I think that the bottle neck is the best one yet, just because it reduces the blue, and it seems to have more going in it because of that, so it gets my vote.

I think the colors are good, but your problem is contrast.

Your brewery title should be in the sky on the blue background..."light makes dark and dark makes light". The light color of the name shows up well against the darker sky. Don't place a light color on a light color...it gets drowned/bleached out.

Overall the concept is a great one.:D I like it.

Back