plate heat exchanger brand for industry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcdboy

Reaction score
hi,everybody, I`m now confused with some plate heat exchanger brands, I don`t know which one is reliable and has good quality and good customer service,do u have any idea on it? here are some manufacturers I chose,
1. Tranter
2.API
3.WCR
4.Dry-cooler
5.Standard Xchange
6.Bell&Gossett
7.Tantaline
8.AIC Heat Exchangers
9.Recuperator
10.Thermofin
what I want as the pic shows.
could u choose several brands for me? appreciate.

HTST-Plate-Heat-Exchanger-M10B-.jpg

Oh my goodness.

That's just a tiny bit out of scale for about 99.999% of home brewers. You might have better luck posing your question here...

Cheers!

hi,everybody, I`m now confused with some plate heat exchanger brands, I don`t know which one is reliable and has good quality and good customer service,do u have any idea on it? here are some manufacturers I chose,
1. Tranter
2.API
3.WCR
4.Dry-cooler
5.Standard Xchange
6.Bell&Gossett
7.Tantaline
8.AIC Heat Exchangers
9.Recuperator
10.Thermofin
http://www.alfalaval.com/solution-f...stItemID=11393475-0471-460d-9937-4b70c7f22830

http://en.smartheatgroup.com/products/AllSeriesHeatExchanger/20121109/59.html

thx for ur help, except these two brands, do u have other suggestion? these two brands I already know.

thx for ur help, except these two brands, do u have other suggestion? these two brands I already know.

What do you want to use the heat exchanger for? As above mentioned this is outside of the "normal" homebrewing size. Are you homebrewing or comercial brewing or something else completely?

What do you want to use the heat exchanger for? As above mentioned this is outside of the "normal" homebrewing size. Are you homebrewing or comercial brewing or something else completely?

actually, I want to use it for commercial.

The exchanger in the pic is about the size of some of the smaller ones we have at work.

Not sure what you're wanting to know OP. where I work they have Tranter heat exchangers. They seem quite dependable to me, though I'm hardly an expert. They're in use pretty much 24/7. They're extremely heavy duty. Is this for brewing or something else?

1. Tranter
2.API
3.WCR
4.Dry-cooler
5.Standard Xchange
6.Bell&Gossett
7.Tantaline
8.AIC Heat Exchangers
9.Recuperator
10.Thermofin

Hi Buddy,

There are four primary classifications of heat exchangers according to their flow arrangement. In parallel-flow heat exchangers, the two fluids enter the exchanger at the same end, and travel in parallel to one another to the other side. In counter-flow heat exchangers the fluids enter the exchanger from opposite ends. The counter current design is the most efficient, in that it can transfer the most heat from the heat (transfer) medium due to the fact that the average temperature difference along any unit length is greater. See countercurrent exchange. In a cross-flow heat exchanger, the fluids travel roughly perpendicular to one another through the exchanger.
For efficiency, heat exchangers are designed to maximize the surface area of the wall between the two fluids, while minimizing resistance to fluid flow through the exchanger. The exchanger's performance can also be affected by the addition of fins or corrugations in one or both directions, which increase surface area and may channel fluid flow or induce turbulence.
The driving temperature across the heat transfer surface varies with position, but an appropriate mean temperature can be defined. In most simple systems this is the "log mean temperature difference" (LMTD). Sometimes direct knowledge of the LMTD is not available and the NTU method is used.

Thanks.

Back