• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmm_4

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of building a Brew Ladder. I'm looking to keep all components as compact as possible. I thought a 20 plate chiller would be an excellent addition. I do have a make shift 20 ft counter flow chiller I'd be willing to trade plus a little cash. Thanks for browsing.

I've got a 20 plate chiller and I was looking to make the change over to CFC. Mind putting some pics of your chiller up so I can see it? How well was it working for you in the past?

Yep that I did. Learned how to solder copper and everything. The size of the CFC doesn't suit the idea of a compact brew ladder so I was looking at a plate chiller instead. It's about 20 foot long. Rubber hose rated for hot water.

IMG-20130815-01496.jpg

Looks pretty quality man. Think you could take closer pictures of the wort in/out and water in/out. I am needing them to be pointing the same way due to how my brew stand is set up. Do you know what I mean? If they aren't pointing the same way, are you able to adjust the circle so they are pointing the same way? Thanks.

rgauthier20420 said:
Looks pretty quality man. Think you could take closer pictures of the wort in/out and water in/out. I am needing them to be pointing the same way due to how my brew stand is set up. Do you know what I mean? If they aren't pointing the same way, are you able to adjust the circle so they are pointing the same way? Thanks.

They can be manipulated slightly. If anything the soft copper can be straighten out and reformed around something smaller. I used a brew pot. I've seen some tight hooks ups done with CO2 tanks.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Well let me know what your thinking in regards to the trade. It will have to wait until after this weekend because I'm brewing, but I can get it out in between brews after that. My thought is the trade and an extra $25 to me. We both handle each others shipping. Let me know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back