• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Missouri Plate Chiller, Counterflow Chiller, CIP ball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pezzonovante11

Reaction score
Few things I'd like to get rid of:

1. Stainless CIP ball from brewers hardware.com. 2" ball installed in a 4" tri-clamp fitting. Connect to it with a 1/1.5" tri-clamp. Perfect for conical fermenter with a 4" opening. It's brand new, never been used. Asking $60.00 ($5 cheaper than I paid and I'll ship at my cost).

2. Stainless 20-Plate Chiller. Model #B3-23A from Dudadiesel. They charge $99. This has been used 5-6 times, and works really well. I'll let it go for $85 shipped. It has 3/4" female NPT fittings. I have (4) stainless 3/4-1/2" bushings to go with it for $2.50 each.

3. Home-built 25' counterflow chiller. 1/4" copper inside a 1/2" garden hose design. Has bare copper so you can either put compression fittings of your choice on it, solder connections, or use hose clamps. It flows a bit slow but cools very, very well. I'll take $30 shipped.

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

I used the counter flow about 4 times. It will flow fine with gravity, you just have to make sure it is sealed well so you don't suck in air or you will lose your siphon (if you are using a racking cane). I'd recommend putting some 1/4" compression fittings on and then some hose barbs. Otherwise you have to put hose clamps on VERY tightly to seal against the smooth copper.

From what I remember it took about 20 minutes to flow a 5.5 gallon batch through it at a height of 4ft.

What has your experience been with the chiller? I've been waiting to get the 30 plate long Duda model, but if your experience has been good with the 20 plate, then I'm sold! Let me know. Thanks.

Edit: It looks to be 1/2" NPT on the wort side and garden hose threads on the water, but please confirm. I won't be needing the fittings though.

Edit #2: I just reviewed their charts online and it looks to be able to do what I need it to. PM on the way for email address and to provide shipping information.

I'm afraid I'll have to back out. A local brewer is selling me his for cheaper and with the exact fittings needed. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Good luck with the sale!

Counterflow chiller sold to vsanchez

Plate chiller and CIP ball still available.

FYI on plate chiller: it has 3/4 female pipe threads x 4. No garden hose threads.
For another $10, I will supply 4 bushings to convert to 1/2" female NPT (if you bought all this from the website it would be about $114 plus tax and shipping. I'll send it all for $95 shipped. Saves you around $35-40.

Here are a few more pics of the plate chiller, by request.

Note:
The blue in the picture is teflon tape around the bushings.

The dark color around the ports is not rust, I think it's just discoloration from brazing it together. The innards are clean and dry. It has been pbw'd, acid rinsed, and dried in the oven after each use.

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Back