Plastic Vs. Glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrockwel

Reaction score
While at my local HB shop today I talked to the woman who worked there about getting all the equipment I would need besides a secondary fermenter (I used my friends primary, siphon, etc. for my first brew). I asked her whether there was a difference between using a glass primary or a plastic primary and she said that there wasn't any difference. The only thing that she said would be different is that the plastic one could get scratched (which would ruin it) and the glass could not get scratched.

My question is: What are your views on this? Does it create in difference in the beer? Are there other advantages/disadvantages of going with either?

There's about 10,000 thread on this topic already, where we hashed out our views over and over...at least one thread a week...It's onw of the most discused ad nauseum topics on here...

In fact if you scroll down to the similar threads you will find a few threads right there, as well, as these threads which I got by doing an advanced search thread titles keywords- "Glass Vs Plastic"

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=3367745

It's not a VS issue, it's not a contest, they both work...they both make beer, it's a brewer's choice issue...And if you want more info...I've provided you with plenty of links..So you can make your own decision.

:mug:

Back