Plastic soda bottles for priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dex Pistol

Reaction score
Howdy. I've heard from a lot of people that they prime and bottle with plastic bottles.

I have several (several several) great value brand club soda plastic bottles with caps. If I prime/bottle my cider in them, how do I keep it carbonated? After you open a bottle of soda, even after you close the lid the carbonation escapes and within a day it goes flat. How could I avoid this with my cider?

Thank you

Howdy. I've heard from a lot of people that they prime and bottle with plastic bottles.

I have several (several several) great value brand club soda plastic bottles with caps. If I prime/bottle my cider in them, how do I keep it carbonated? After you open a bottle of soda, even after you close the lid the carbonation escapes and within a day it goes flat. How could I avoid this with my cider?

Thank you
If you keep them cold in the fridge they do not go flat. Chill your pop as well and you will see it retains the carbonation a very long time.

I use 1 liter plastic bottles and it has been an impetus for making certain that I have more sessionable ciders/beers. Drinking a liter of +8% is not usually pleasant the next day...

Back