Plastic conical help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOkeBrewing

Reaction score
Hello all:)
I am currently setting up a micro brewery here on our farm in South Africa
I have been brewing small batches for quite some time now and am ready to step it up.
I however to not want to get investors involved so I am looking at getting 3 or 4 750litres thats nearly 200gallons food grade plastic conical fermenters. As stainless would cost an arm and a leg at the moment.

Could someone please give me advise on how i could contol the temperature on the fermenters, I dont think building a fermentation chamber is a viable option so i am looking at the stainless steel coils and just need advise on what electrics to use and how to connect them.

Really appreciate it:D

You could set up 2 separate herms systems on pumps. One to pump and recirculate hot water the other to pump and recirculate cold water. The STC would turn either pump on based on the probe reading.
Good luck with your adventure.
Cheers!

Why not build a fermentation chamber? Its basically a small room with a window air conditioner and a temp controller. You make wheeled carts for the plastic conicals and wheel them in there. Lots of start up breweries do this, its cheap and it works.
You'd have to cost out the two approaches, but the cold room would offer more flexibility and enable growth.
You can start out with 4 conicals and keep adding more later. If your business is profitable, you can eventually get a pro setup with glycol chillers and jacketed fermenters and sell all your smaller conicals.

Latest posts

Back