Plastic Carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsoto75

Reaction score
I found a site that was selling 6 gallon plastic carboys, for about 21 bucks a piece.

So you think using plastic carboys are just as good as the glass ones? for about half the price, I'm thinking about picking up a couple of the plastics, but was interested to see if anyone out there used them before.

how expensive are carboys elsewhere? My LHBS sells 5 gallon carboys for 22.99 and 6.5 gallon carboys for 26.99.

how expensive are carboys elsewhere? My LHBS sells 5 gallon carboys for 22.99 and 6.5 gallon carboys for 26.99.

I've heard of people paying over $40 for a single carboy. Seems like the price really varies with location. Glass ones at my LHBS in Western WA are in the $20 range as well.

Glass here in Portland is about the same as it appears to be in WA. About $20 - $21 for 5 gallon, 6 gallon a buck or two more, 6.5 a buck or two more on top of that. I asked the folks at the LHBS a few months ago if they were going to see the effects of the price increases and they laughed and said no way. They have plenty of stock as well.

Back