plastic carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normeller

Reaction score
Is there any problem with plastic carboys? I just broke my glass one and want to replace with plastic so this won't happen again. Using for secondary fermentation.

My 0.02 cents: go to Better Bottle's website and become familiar with the handling and washing section before you purchase one. You can crack them if you don't follow these instructions - particularly during cleaning and also during shaking of full carboys to oxygenate.

there is an on going arguement glass vs. plastic. Ive used plastic with no problems. Hell i said screw the carboys and used buckets. People say its nice to be able to "see" the fermantation process but i could care less, if you do it right you wont need a carboy. I have 8 6.5 gallon buckets and they work just fine and only paid 8 bucks for each. But if you want a carboy its 30 plus shipping. bllaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Back