Plastic buckets to Ferment 11-12 gallons wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPB

Reaction score
Do they make them? I have been searching unsuccessfully for a large plastic bucket (with an airtight lid) to ferment 11-12 gallons of wort. I'd prefer this setup compared the two large glass carboys. Can anyone point me in the right direction or is there no such thing? I've seen wine buckets but the lids are not airtight and did not find any on the U.S. Plastics site either.

You need to search for barrels or drums when you get to that size.

I don't think you will find a bucket that big as its too heavy to safely lift at that point and will not have a handle(s)

Thank you all! I needed to modify my search. It makes sense that they don't make 15 gallon buckets due to the weight placed on the handles but I do see a handle (what appears to be a flimsy plastic one at that) in the picture Duckfoot linked. After reading the posts that went along with the link, the handle worked well enough (I'll probably use a two wheel dolly though). Thanks again, I've found what I've been looking for!

Back