Planning on second batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
I would like to start planning my second batch, and I have a True Brew Brown Ale all malt kit. It's my understanding that this will be best if I ferment one week and then transfer and secondary ferment for two weeks. What I would like from those who have more experience, is a recommendation of Wyeast to add to this. I used Wyeast in my first Wheat beer, and liked the results. So, if anyone has suggestions for making a great tasting brown ale, let me know. Thanks a lot

I would like to start planning my second batch, and I have a True Brew Brown Ale all malt kit. It's my understanding that this will be best if I ferment one week and then transfer and secondary ferment for two weeks. What I would like from those who have more experience, is a recommendation of Wyeast to add to this. I used Wyeast in my first Wheat beer, and liked the results. So, if anyone has suggestions for making a great tasting brown ale, let me know. Thanks a lot

Never used Wyeast, so can't comment there, but don't bother with the secondary for that short a time. Just leave it in the primary for 3 weeks.

Back