Quantcast

Planning ahead PAID off!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Slipgate

Reaction score
Last time I made a batch of my IPA, the next weekend, I made another batch. I did this because a few months ago, I ran out of IPA and didn't even have the ingredients for another batch.

So I kegged the first when it was ready and tapped it. I kegged the second a week or so later than that. Well the other night I ran out of IPA, but OH, What's that? A FULL keg of IPA ready to go go go! So now it is on the 30psi gas and I expect to take a sample tomorrow! :mug:

Life is trully grand!

But of course I need to start the next batch NOW!

The Pol

Reaction score
Sweet, I emptied a keg of Orange/Cascade APA yesterday, so I simply transferred my Orange/Cascade IAPA into the same keg about 30 minutes after kicking the first!

30PSI overnight, tasting today!

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
If you can find a 5lb tank to do nothing but force carb, do it. I have two on tap and can carb 4 at a time. Gotta keep the flow going!

The Pol

Reaction score
The IAPA is good, I had about 12 oz and I am ripped up... yay!!:mug:

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how planning works? A moment's planning can lead to a lifetime of happiness, while lack of a moment's planning can lead to a lifetime of despair. :)

TL

MikeG

Reaction score
I bought 2 spare kegs just to make sure I had a supply ready to go. Sigh, I still don't have anything to drink in my keg.

OP
Slipgate

Slipgate

Reaction score
Oh my goodness how wonderful this IPA is! 1 1/2 days on 30 PSI, no shaking, turned it down to 10 PSI this morning, and just now poured a pint. First 1/2 of pint was crap that had to be discarded but the next was nice and WOW is this good! I better get my next batch a brewing!

fratermus

Reaction score
If you can find a 5lb tank to do nothing but force carb, do it. I have two on tap and can carb 4 at a time. Gotta keep the flow going!
Would it be cheaper to run a dual-body (?) regulator? I am just now buying my kegging gear. so pardon the n3wb questions.

bad coffee

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you have an additional tank, you can force-carb away from your taps.

I actually have the pass-through on my secondary reg setup with 5' of hose and a disconnect. I have 28# going into my secondary so that's the pressure on the force carb.

B