Pizza Night at Chez Matt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
Made up some pizza tonight. It was great, I know that others have made posts regarding pizza, but I love the stuff and you should too! To start with, I made the dough this afternoon and by this evening it had doubled twice so we had some dough.

photo-731173.jpg

Pizza Dough

1 3/4 cup water
2 teaspoons yeast
4 cups flour (more may be needed though)
2 tsp Kosher Salt
Granulated Garlic, Ground Pepper, Italian Seasoning

Combine all ingredients and let sit in an oiled bowl for two hours in the sun (cover with plastic). Then after two hours, remove to kitchen and punch down. Then recover and let sit till doubled and punch down again and place in the fridge. Remove two hours prior to dinner.

After that I rolled the dough out by hand
photo-716003.jpg

Put the sauce on and dusted the peel with some rice flour. That is a bottle of local olive oil, very spicy!
photo-791265.jpg

Then I decorated the pizza with sauce, mozzarella, artichokes, tomatoes, prosciutto and bleu cheese. (SWMBO hands)
photo-776015.jpg

and took a couple of drinks from some delicious alcohols (two on outside are local spirits)
photo-765483.jpg

Then I pulled out the first pizza
photo-720533.jpg

Classy angle
photo-739441.jpg

Then made up a pepperoni and olive
photo-760340.jpg

SWMBO's plate
photo-749248.jpg

Pepperoni pizza showing the small little air pockets
photo-776516.jpg

Then I made up a calzone for lunch tomorrow
photo-742345.jpg

All in all, it was a delicious night that ended with much delicious food and drink consumed.

Looks great! I've been meaning to make my own for a while now. You didn't post a recipe for sauce. Are you keeping it a secret, or did it come out of a can???

Back