Pizza & Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, after putting aside my Belgian Triple to finish later because the sausage and mushroom pizza was overwhelming the flavor, I started wondering:
"What is your favorite pizza/beer style combo?"

OK, after putting aside my Belgian Triple to finish later because the sausage and mushroom pizza was overwhelming the flavor, I started wondering:
"What is your favorite pizza/beer style combo?"

Long ago i decided that Great Lakes Elliot Ness was a fantastic beer with Pizza. Shortly thereafter I picked up a Michael Jackson book about beer that suggested that pairing and I felt validated. So, I'll say Vienna Lager

Personally I like my pizza with some heat. Either jalapenos or habenaros are what I like. And I like to pair it either an IPA or something malty. Depends on my mood at the time. Whether I want some bite from both the pizza and beer or if I want something to soothe the burning in my mouth.

honestly, home brew is second to a good cola with pizza for me... A quality zin might be second actually...

I eat pizza twice a month. I like light beer with it. Light, by my definition, is anything that isn't stout or porter. A good german or czech pils will usually do the trick.

I eat pizza twice a month. I like light beer with it. Light, by my definition, is anything that isn't stout or porter. A good german or czech pils will usually do the trick.

I like your definition of light beer. I don't think it would fly with the BMC crowd though.:cross:

Stouts and pizza for me if I have a choice. If not any beer will do.

Personally I like my pizza with some heat. Either jalapenos or habenaros are what I like. And I like to pair it either an IPA or something malty. Depends on my mood at the time. Whether I want some bite from both the pizza and beer or if I want something to soothe the burning in my mouth.

This.

Back when I lived in Japan, I would always drink beer with my pizza and it was usually a kind of dry lager. Kirin Ichiban Shibori, Asahi Super Dry, and so on. I usually order (or make) somewhat spicy pizzas with jalapenos, pepperoni, and so on, which I think goes well with light beers. I have drank stouts, IPAs, red ales, and a wide variety of beer styles with pizza, but I just think that in general lagers go best with pizza (this, of course, excludes gag-worthy beers such as Coors, Bud, and Miller).

Back