Pizza Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a pizza beer a few weeks ago. It was a homebrew brought in by a guy who knows a guy... I never met him, didn't get any specifics, but I got a sample and yep. It tasted kinda like pizza!

There was a distinct yeasty-ness that was reminscent of dough and then some clearly recognizable pizza spices, the names of which are escaping me..

I didn't taste any sausage and pepperoni though. :(

yech.

Pizza AND beer, yes please. "Pizza beer" no thanks...

but hey, whatever foats your boat.

mmmmm, pizza

mmmmm, beer!

Hungry. Thirsty. :D

I would understand a pizza wine that you could use as a dressing or something, like garlic wine - but pizza beer sounds a tad funny to me... I'm with Knights of Gambrinus.

I'd give it a taste though.

I've mentioned using garlic in a beer before, I love garlic. I would be interested to try this beer... says they threw some wood grilled pizzas in the mix, wonder what that means.

it sounds like i am the minority here but i think that sounds really great for some reason

I remember the spice now! In the pizza beer I tried, the most noticeable/discernable spice was fennel. Those slender little ridged seeds that you occasionally bite into and go "igh.. weird"

Ok everyone... The Belgians make sour beer in breweries that make Herman Munster's house look clean. The toss Orange peels, corriander, anise, licorice, cloves and all sorts of stuff in their beer. This beer is intended to flip off the wine snobs and show them that BEER IS KING!!!!. Check out the following link to see us in action:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_134181507.html

knights of Gambrinus said:
yech.

Pizza AND beer, yes please. "Pizza beer" no thanks...

but hey, whatever foats your boat.

mmmmm, pizza

mmmmm, beer!

Hungry. Thirsty. :D

I'm 100% with you on this one. I like pizza WITH my beer, not in it!

The herbs and spices are ok... that other article spoke about adding WHOLE SLICES of pizza to the beer.
IMHO - That sounds nasty.

I've gone to the pub and had a couple of these, not bad at all. They don't add whole pizza slices to it just alot of tomatoes and the spices. Can't say it tastes just like pizza, but it has just a slight tomatoe taste to it and you get a good taste of the oregano and fennel in it. It has a sweet taste to it just like pizza sauce. They serve it in a 10 oz. glass which is all I would want to drink of it in one sitting. Not bad at all just very different.

Bigfoot said:
They don't add whole pizza slices to it just alot of tomatoes and the spices.

The news footage has the brewer adding slices of pizza to the boil for flavor, along with garlic and oregano.

Back