Pittsburgh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
My girlfriend is working on the Arcade Fire tour and they will be in Pittsburgh on the 12th and I'l be there as well. Any places I should check out? I go to the Cleveland Fat Heads all the time but I still may check out the PA one. Other than that I'm not sure where to go? Any recommendations please!

What part of town will you be in and are you limited to just staying there? Pittsburgh is so spread out, but there's a good place in every neighborhood.

Church Brew Works (for the novelty, the beer isn't great)
East End Brewing
Full Pint Brewing (in the suburbs)

Rivertowne is also in the suburbs, but their tour is pretty good (and only 8 Bucks for the tour, a pint glass and a beer). Tour is only on saturdays though

Lawrenceville will soon be the beer destination. As far as micros,Roundabout will be pouring soon, Hop Farm, Full Pint I've heard is opening a brew pub there, Drai Laaq is across the bridge. a couple local pubs have nice selection. I've had Lavery at New Amsterdam and Industry has a good selection.

Ahh I wish I would have seen this earlier. Things were pretty hectic, Ohio got slammed with another huge snow storm so we left a day early and stayed another day. Church was pretty amazing but that's all. I bought a variety 12 pack by Erie Brewing and drank it in the hotel and ordered some marios pizza! haha. I have only ever had the Railbender by Erie on tap here in ohio, but I enjoyed their other beers! I had a good time, definitely will go back and check out some more places.

Back