Pitching dregs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopinista

Reaction score
I have 5 gallons of a Flanders Oud Bruin that's been fermenting for 4 days, I was considering pitching the dregs of a bottle of Rueuze into it. Is this a good idea? It couldn't hurt anything I don't think

I have 5 gallons of a Flanders Oud Bruin that's been fermenting for 4 days, I was considering pitching the dregs of a bottle of Rueuze into it. Is this a good idea? It couldn't hurt anything I don't think

The dregs from one bottle won't hurt anything. Won't do anything either unless you drank from the bottle. Then you would risk infection.

Certainly add the dregs. they will slowly build up their population and add additional complexity to your beer.

It will not harm the beer and will probably improve it.

The dregs from one bottle won't hurt anything. Won't do anything either unless you drank from the bottle. Then you would risk infection.

Thankfully I've gotten with other people and did some research and have been happily adding dregs from several bottles.

Maybe next time when someone is asking advice, don't be sarcastic, rude, and useless, yeah?

Back