Pitched too hot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enxaine

Reaction score
I screwed up today and pitched yeast at about 80 f . So will my beer be scrap or should I wait it out and see how fermentation starts???

I screwed up today and pitched yeast at about 80 f . So will my beer be scrap or should I wait it out and see how fermentation starts???

i wouldnt say it would be crap.. but on reality... what style of beer are you making and what yeast are you using?

I do know that there are some beers out there that require "warm" fermenting tempeartures to get the desired taste off hand i cant think of them, but they are more common than you think.

If it was a high OG, it might have alot of HOT alcohol flavors/feeling to it... (not 100% that this is true)

If you get the temperature down as quick as you can, low to mid sixties, I think you will have no ill effects at all.

The off flavors would be mostly produced by fermentation at high temperatures.

It's just a muntons LME kit no idea about which yeast, as far as OG it was relatively low 1.035.
Thanks

Back