'Pinter' new system from the UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had anyone else seen this? I did a title search here, did not see it. Forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I am curious as to the process. Looks like end user adds water and yeast. Some sort of dehyrated wort?? They refer to some 'trade secrets'- clever marketing OR did they patent some new method to dry out hop aroma? Maybe it is just hop powder?

I am also curious about the c02 venting system. Seems like some sort of spunding valve built-in?

No real point to this post. Just curiosty.

Edit: guess i should have read a little more. I found this:
"We intensify the Presses by taking water out at no more than 65°C in a vacuum chamber, this helps us ensure that when you get your Presses they have all the flavour and power they have ever had."

https://thegreatergood.co.uk/pages/the-pinter

Last edited:
I suspect it uses pre-hopped LME given the kit packaging...

1600814436719.png

Cheers!

This is being fairly heavily advertised in newspaper articles now. It's actually not as expensive (£75, with two bottles of extract, yeast, sanitizer) as the gadget all-in-one brewing systems usually are. It's because it doesn't make any attempt to actually brew. It's just a fermenter and serving vessel.

It's similar to plastic barrel novelty homebrew kits that have been around for decades, but upgraded with more competent (so they tell us, at least) pre-hopped LME and a nicer package. But yeah, it seems to be just a plastic keg with a spunding valve and tap.

I never get who they expect to buy this stuff. Are there really people who want to make beer at home, want it to take near-zero effort and yet would be happy to wait over a week for what's going to be mediocre beer compared to what they can buy at the shops? I suppose if your market is novelty gift buyers and the margin on the device is high (which I hope it is, being just moulded plastic), then you could make money. If they are hoping for a thriving after sales market for the LME bottles (£12), I expect they will be disappointed. You might expect to sell 1 or 2 further LME bottles on average after each machine sale, is my guess.

Looks like it, yes. Though 2-3x the price and seemingly with some higher quality components. Hoping to hit the market for people with a bit more to spend on novelty Christmas presents? With COVID, they picked a great time to launch.

Had anyone else seen this? I did a title search here, did not see it. Forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I am curious as to the process. Looks like the end-user adds water and yeast. Some sort of dehydrated wort?? They refer to some 'trade secrets'- clever marketing OR did they patent some new method to dry out hop aroma? Maybe it just hops powder?

I am also curious about the c02 venting system. Seems like some sort of spending valve built-in?

No real point to this post. Just curiosity.

Edit: guess I should have read a little more. I found this:
"We intensify the Presses by taking water out at no more than 65°C in a vacuum chamber, this helps us ensure that when you get your Presses they have all the flavor and power they have ever had." read more this article
seems like yes.

Last edited:
The Craft Beer Channel on You Tube I believe did a review of this one, it could have been a different channel, but it is essentially a "Mr. Beer" type kit without the bottling component.

Back