pinlock kegs at the scrap yard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I just got back from dumping off a load at the local scrap yard (got $92 for junk that was in my garage!). I asked if they had any kegs in the stainless pile and they sent me over to look in a certain area. I found 13 pinlocks but they had no lids. The guy said that they were only like 60 cents a pound. I have plenty of balllocks already so I didn't buy them. I saw a few other stainless items that got me thinking of how to use them in my system. I'm going to keep an eye on the place and I asked one of the guys to toss any kegs that come in into a separate pile for me. I had no idea how much cool stuff they get there.

I see keg lids on google for $10-20. Lots of them.

Consider you buy each keg for like $5. Add $5 for O-rings and $15 for a new lid.

$25...

I see keg lids on google for $10-20. Lots of them.

Consider you buy each keg for like $5. Add $5 for O-rings and $15 for a new lid.

$25...

I doubt it's worth it for me to flip them for a profit. I have a bunch of ball locks so I don't need them. I will stop back looking for other goodies.

Back