Pineapple flavored cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneDaniels1963

Reaction score
Here is the recipe for a good variant if you like pineapple:

1 gal Musselman's apple juice
2 cans apple juice frozen concentrate
handful copped raisins
1 can pineapple frozen concentrate
Nottingham ale yeast

1) pour off enough juice to add the 2 cans of concentrate
2) add rasins
3) add small amount of yeast
4) install airlock

The ferment will finish in about 10 days.

5) chill and rack off lees
6) add 1/2 can of pineapple concentrate

Enjoy! Great pineapple flavor

7) don't forget to keep in fridge

I make my ciders in 1 gal batches and drink them right away. This allows me to sweeten yet I have never had problems with them restarting ferment.

You could experiment and add K-sorbate together with K-meta to see if these will inhibit or outright stop further fermentation at room temperature and so if you really like this cider you could make say, 5 gallons at a time and allow some of it to age to see if aging takes this to another level... There may be too many viable yeast cells for the stabilizing chemicals to work effectively so you might want to cold crash the cider before back sweetening, rack the cider off the flocculated yeast and then stabilize...

You could experiment and add K-sorbate together with K-meta to see if these will inhibit or outright stop further fermentation at room temperature and so if you really like this cider you could make say, 5 gallons at a time and allow some of it to age to see if aging takes this to another level... There may be too many viable yeast cells for the stabilizing chemicals to work effectively so you might want to cold crash the cider before back sweetening, rack the cider off the flocculated yeast and then stabilize...

Yes, I could do it right;) but I probably will keep doing it the lazy way.

Also, if I tried this, could I age it in a PET plastic bottle? I have several 1 gal bottles that I could age some in.

Others more knowledgeable than I might disagree but Better Bottles use PET and they claim that PET does not leach chemicals (or flavors)

Others more knowledgeable than I might disagree but Better Bottles use PET and they claim that PET does not leach chemicals (or flavors)

I just read up on the safety of PET for alcohol, and yes, it is safe. A few sources said not to store in plastic for more than 2 years. But that even that was considered an overly safe margin.

I think I will try this in the fall. Then sweeten each gal differently. Got any suggestions for what other frozen juice concentrates to try?

Back