Pin lock value?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruger988

Reaction score
Found what I thought was a good deal on a ton of pin locks today (haven't purchased yet) but looking around it seems like they are going for pennies compared to ball locks around here. Is this really the case? Any market for converted kegs (pin locks with ball lock posts)?

Found what I thought was a good deal on a ton of pin locks today (haven't purchased yet) but looking around it seems like they are going for pennies compared to ball locks around here. Is this really the case? Any market for converted kegs (pin locks with ball lock posts)?

I bought 19 for 120 dollars one was a dog it had a pinhole and welding destroyed it

I did replace all the o-rings at a couple bucks a keg

all the best

S_M

A lot of places sell converted pin lock kegs, and as the "supply" of recycled oem ball locks dwindles the converted keg price has been floating up...

Cheers!

The main difference between pin and ball lock kegs is the dimension of each. Depending on what you intend to store your kegs in (fridge, kegerator, keezer, etc.), will dictate what works best for you. The posts are interchangable, but their size is not. Ball locks do tend to sell for a higher price, and I am unsure if this is based on the keg dimension or the connection type.

The main difference between pin and ball lock kegs is the dimension of each. Depending on what you intend to store your kegs in (fridge, kegerator, keezer, etc.), will dictate what works best for you. The posts are interchangable, but their size is not. Ball locks do tend to sell for a higher price, and I am unsure if this is based on the keg dimension or the connection type.

I'm currently set on ball locks, as I think most are. Just stumbled upon a guy selling a LARGE quantity of pins for what I thought was cheap (since I'vebeen buying ball locks) might just pick some up for myself and get a set of pin lock posts, seems much cheaper than converting a ton of kegs at $20-$25 a piece.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone in VA needs some ball locks feel free to shoot me a message and I can put you in touch with the guy.

Latest posts

Back