Pin lock to ball lock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
I am getting a couple kegs and im not sure if they are pin or ball. But cant beat the price... Free... if they are pin would just a post swap be the only necessary thing to convert them to ball? Or are there other things that would need to be done?

Swapping the post is the bare minimum that needs to be done. If you want you can also look into getting a different pressure relief valve. That might require a new lid entirely I am not certain. Alternatively you can keep a spare gas line connector handy and use it to bleed off pressure when you want to do so, or just push down the poppet as required with a random object you have lying around.

If you're just starting up with kegging, first off welcome! You probably won't want to bottle much after you start. Secondly you could look at just making a pin lock system. No parts needed to swap right out of the starting gates, and it seems they'll be cheaper than ball locks for a long while yet in the event (or when) you decide to get more.

I already keg, just have a ball lock system, just posting my good fortune

Back