Pin Lock Safety Valve Replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divadgagnon

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought 4 pin lock kegs from a local recycler, they didn't look great but at 15$ each I figured It be cheaper to put them back in shape then buying somewhere else (I live in Canada and can't get a keg under 60$). Obviously I'll changing the seals and test to see if they hold pressure but I just noticed one of them has it's safety valve blown (they're pin locks). I know I can get some replacement lids with pressure relief valves but I don't feel like paying more for a lid then I payed for the whole keg. Is there any place I can buy the plastic insert that acts as a safety valve? I searched on a few online stores but can't seem to find any.

Thanks for the help!

On ball lock, yess but I have pin locks which do not have a pressure relief valve but a safety valve, no manual activation it's just a piece of plastic weaker than the keg so it blows before the keg does is pressure gets too high. It's part of the lid so I can't unscrew it but the plastic part seem to be an insert so there must be a place to get these.. right?

Northern brewer has what you're looking for (pressure relief valve type c for pin locks), but the cost is almost $10 a piece. At that cost, you might opt for a reconditioned lid (~$15) from kegconnection (or similar) that has a manual relief valve instead of the one timer.

You can buy a brand new lid from ontariobeerkegs.com for ~$15, comes with a pressure relief valve.

Back