Pin lock lid question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLR

Reaction score
So I'm new here, have been enjoying the site for a while and figured it was about time to introduce myself and ask some questions.

Anyway, I'm new to kegging and just picked up a couple of old pin lock Firestone kegs from a buddy. I'm in the process of cleaning them up and replacing some old parts. I was going to get the ball lock conversion kits from cornykeg.com and replace all o-rings etc. I noticed the lid has a strange cap threaded into it from the bottom. I pulled it out and it says "Hansen" on it. I assume its some type of Pressure relief valve? Anyone have any ideas, I searched around but couldn't find anything. I was going to replace them. See photos.

Also, doesn't seem like there were gas tubes under the gas posts...does that make any sense?

Thanks!

image.jpg

That is indeed a one-time-use PRV. You can get replacements here.

As for the apparently missing gas dip tubes, I'd be concerned that the gas posts will never seal properly without them and their companion o-rings...

Cheers!

Thanks, that's great. I was a little worried I'd be getting new lids. I'll pick up some gas tubes too. Thanks for your help.

Back