Pin keg rebuild help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camden

Reaction score
Hi I'm new and wanting to get into brewing... I was just given 10 free pin lock kegs that still contain coke and have been sitting for about 13 years. I plan on replacing all the rubber o rings...

Do I need to replace the post poppet valve stem things as well or should just doing the o rings be good enough???

i was also given an enormous co2 tank that was used for soda machine will a regular control valve just screw onto it?

Since I already have kegs and co2 what parts should I be looking to get to run 2 separate pressure kegs?
Thank you for your help!

image.jpg

I would replace o-rings. Poppits if they won't seal. And posts only if they are damaged or chipped.
And give a THOROUGH washing with PBW or Oxyclean. Then sanitize before filling. As to multiple kegs with one co2 tank. As stated earlier you would need a dual body regulator that will allow you to dispense two kegs at various pressures and with additional manifolds you could carbonate many kegs at either of the two set pressures on the regulators. You will need an additional regulator per keg you want at a different pressure. I have three kegs in my kegerator and use one regulator for my sodas or higher carbed beers then my secondary regulator I set at 12 psi and run that to a three way manifold and have my other two kegs hooked up there with a spare should I need to pressurize one of my additional kegs in waiting. The possibilities really are limitless.
Oh and here is a chart to help with proper pressures per temperature View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416698512.359720.jpg

Sent from somewhere to someone

If you're not sure how to clean or inspect your kegs search YouTube for cleaning and rebuilding corny (or cornelius) kegs. You should be able to easily glean those steps necessary for your kegs. If you'd like you can order new seal kits for a few dollars from most any home brew store. Congrats on the acquisition.

I highly recommend replacing the poppets, unless you can remove them, clean the very well and replace them without breaking them. In my experience, poppets and posts are where the gunk tends to accumulate and they are hard to clean, even when fully disassembled.

Back