Pilsner recipes... which hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roth_nj

Reaction score
im a pilsner guy. i recently went to my local package store becuase they have a small selection of hops and yeast. its only like 10 minutes from my house which is alot closer than my closest LBMS which is like an hour away.

anyways, ive been using an ounce of cascade at the start and an ounce of saaz at the end... they didnt have any saaz but they had a bunch of others there... any suggestions?

i was looking at that. i just did a big circle between saaz, tettnanger, and Polish Lublin... the didnt have the saaz or tettnanger, and i dont remember seeing the polish lublin before at all.

they had a box full of the 1 ounce gold bags of crosby & baker. and half of them i had never heard of before

A pilsner really wants Saaz if at all possible; that spicy flavor and aroma is a pretty key element to the style. If you can't get those, I'd stick with noble German hops; Hallertau and Tettnag would be OK.

anyone know where i can find one of those hop charts in one page so i can print it out?

Latest posts

Back