Pilsner 2 Row VS Briess 2 Row

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iXanadu

Reaction score
I recently brewed Biermunchers Sterling Gold (extract version) https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/sterling-gold-3-5-ag-light-zesty-57183/ and love it. I have my AG setup now and want to brew a 10 gallon All Grain batch. I have briess 2 row in bulk and my LBHS said the only difference will be the color.

Briess (Briess Malt & Ingredients Co.: Base Malts) has a SRM of 1.8 and the Pilsner Malt is 2.01 to the briess version will be lighter.

I can't find a flavor or brewing profile comparison for these two malts and don't have enough experience to make an informed decision. I love the extract version (almost tempted not to attempt AG) but want to see how the AG with Rye turns out. Any guidance on these two malts?

well i couldnt tell you exact differences between the two malts, but you lbhs is probably accurate with the color difference. if you have the ability to do this batch in all grain, i strongly suggest you convert and do it. you will notice the difference between extract and allgrain and you will love it.

Back