Pilot propane flow issue with Y8610U on Brutus 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drgonzo65

Reaction score
I've just recently finished a Brutus 10 build using the Honeywell Y8610U for pilot lighting and propane control.

I'm having one big issue... I turn on the propane, and I hear it enter the gas beam. Then I send power to the controller, which starts the call for heat. The pilot starts sparking, but no flame. To test it out, I even tried putting a flame to the pilot burner, and interestingly enough, air blows the lighter flame. After about 10 mins of not lighting, it finally lights with the spark, and can continue to relight every time I turn it off and back on again.

It seems like the air /propane mix is off for a while, until it just starts working. Anyone else seen this? Once everything lights, it works well.

Thanks

Pretty sure the plumbing needs to be purged before the system will light reliably - there isn't a lot of volume feeding a pilot and if you try to start with "empty" piping it'll take awhile to fill that with gas.

btw, you are using an 11" WC regulator for this, yes?

Cheers!

I believe so. The regulator says low pressure, and there's no knob on it.

Is there a good way to purge it?

Back