Piecing together a co2 setup, need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertHSmith

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have recently started brewing beer, had a successful all grain brew, batch sparging, and have started a second. I have 4 cornelius kegs sitting in the basement and was starting a list of things I want to be able to do with it before purchasing any more equipment.

My wife likes bottle-conditioned beer and I was thinking about forced carbonation as well. So there is a double regulator I am thinking at the least. Because I think too much about things, always wishing I had done things differently and tend to over-engineer a bit, I am seeking advice on what has or has not worked out in your co2 systems.

Any pointers/help/commiseration would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not understanding why you think you need a double regulator for force carbing, and bottle conditioned beer.
Bottle conditioned beer is not keg'd, unless you're planning to use a corny for secondary, then push the beer back out to bottle and prime the bottles normally. even then, a double regulator doesn't help you much as serving pressure will be different than bottling pressure with a beer gun or pseudo-beer gun.

You will want more than 1 output so you can carb and dispense multiple cornies. You just need a manifold/splitter for that.

or, you can buy secondary regulators, to step down the primary regulator psi, to dispense kegs at different pressures (i.e. high psi for hefe's, lower psi for other stuff).

acheck this thread out http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=43347

i use a splitter with one co2 tank. made sure the lines were balanced out so i don't really have to adjust the psi. i also have a seperate co2 tank if i want to play with my psi on certain beers. this thread was helpful when i first started kegging. which wasn't that long ago!

Back