PID Temperature Controller Wiring Problems - RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newfie_Brewer

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has run into the same problem as me with their temperature controller/heating element and could help me out. I have a N2006P PID Temp controller that I got on eBay from a company in Hong Kong. The wiring diagram they gave me is found on the last page of the pdf document found here:

http://www.e3b6a5y.com/365/WiringDiagrams/new2006power.pdf

When I wire my heating element like this, it trips my breaker (which is not surprising considering that I have two hot wires going to the outlet on my controller box that I plug my heating element into.

So I tried to wire my setup like the diagram found in the "rims for dummies" thread. When I wired like this, my temp controller is correctly reading and displaying the water temp running through my system but it does not control my heating element. When I plug my heating element into the outlet I have wired to the side of my controller box, the element is always on. The only way to shut the element off is to unplug it. Also, when I set the temperature higher then the reading temperature, the red light on the SSR blinks and does not stay on....this is also true for the indicator "output" light on the PID temp controller. Do I need to set up the N2006P to start controlling the element? The factory settings included shows that the output is set on voltage control.

This is also another diagram that I followed to wire my system:

http://www.lousbrews.info/rimscontroller.pdf

Like the one in this diagram, I have incorperated switches on my pump and heating element. Strange thing is that the heating element will also not turn off with the use of the switch that I have wired.....just remains on while it is plugged in.

Can someone help? Maybe provide wiring diagrams or pictures of their similar RIMS?

Thanks!

Back