Pictures of brewery Brewtroller Upgrade progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdustguy

Reaction score
I have been working on the Brewtroller upgrade to my brewery. If you all recall I decided to also upgrade the plumbing to all stainless steel. The upgrade is about 75% done. Here are some progress pictures. As always, questions and comments are always welcome.

A special thanks to my brother Gary who has been tremendous in helping build the brewery.

Things left to do:

1. Plumb the water to the HLT and Plate Chiller

2. Install S8610U intermittent pilot controllers.

3. Control Panel is built but needs to be painted and installed

4. Bubbler system for volume measurement is built but needs to be installed

5. Wire the brewery

6. Clean and touch up the brew stand

7. Polish Keggles

8. Testing

Before Picture:

black dog2.jpg

New Pictures:

new brewery1.jpg

new brewery2.jpg

new brewery3.jpg

new brewery4.jpg

new brewery5.jpg

new brewery6.jpg

new brewery7.jpg

new brewery8.jpg

That is a beautiful piece of equipment. But I have to admit, I feel like a caveman looking at the space shuttle. It's mesmerizingly beautiful, but I have no idea how it all works.

Drop dead sexy. Especially the inline sight glass and tri-clamp RIMS. Well done, sir.

Cheers.

Very nice looking build with the controls layout on the panel underneath and the stainless tubing connecting everything. A suggestion would be to replace the elbows at the bottom outlets of the kettles with tees so you can let trapped air out and not fight pump priming every time you start up.

Very nice looking build with the controls layout on the panel underneath and the stainless tubing connecting everything. A suggestion would be to replace the elbows at the bottom outlets of the kettles with tees so you can let trapped air out and not fight pump priming every time you start up.

Great input Kevin! I was pondering adding the vents that Beerthirty is using.

Looks awesome Guy! Mine is set up very similarly, how do you plan to clean piping etc. I was hoping I could just CIP mine but the more I read it sounds as though gunk will build up at the swage-lok fittings. Also, where did you pick up those green pipe hangers? And another question, what are those temp sensors your using? Alright I'm done :)

The pickup tube air bubble is the main reason for the auto air vents on BeerThirty's rig and why I reworked my mash tun pickup tube to slope up to center of keg bottom. The trapped air is just enough to kill the pump prime when it is fired up, venting the bubble should make the pump fire up without problems. One caution with the auto air vents is when the level in the air vent drops enough the valve opens and lets air back in when pump is pulling on mash bed, pump pulls air through autovent and loses prime.
Nice looking Stauff tubing clamp blocks, the real Pro builder touch.

That is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see it in action! :rockin:

Slick and clean. :mug: Is that 1/2" tubing?

I noted that you've got 3 pumps, too! I guess it cuts down on the plumbing required.

How does the LG perform with a smaller inlet?

I also dig the sight glass...I plan to get one soon. Does fluid stay in there after draining, or is it "flush" with the plumbing?

Looks awesome Guy! Mine is set up very similarly, how do you plan to clean piping etc. I was hoping I could just CIP mine but the more I read it sounds as though gunk will build up at the swage-lok fittings. Also, where did you pick up those green pipe hangers? And another question, what are those temp sensors your using? Alright I'm done :)

Pickles,

Kevin picked up on them.

Nice looking Stauff tubing clamp blocks, the real Pro builder touch.

Almost any industrial supply house carries them.

I am using simple DS1820 sensors in a thermowell that I attached to triclovers with a swagelok 1/2 NPT to 1/4" tube fitting.

Beautiful.

You build the site glass?

Ron,

I found the site glass on Ebay for $40. When I got it, it looked brand new. I still can't believe nobody else bid on it. It would be tuff for me to build one for that price. If I didn't eye this one up I would have milled one out of a 304 billet at my buddy's machine shop.

I also dig the sight glass...I plan to get one soon. Does fluid stay in there after draining, or is it "flush" with the plumbing?

Good question Steve I will let you know as soon as I fire it up. It's there as a safeguard in case of a stuck mash or sparge so I don't burn up the RIMS element. I have a flow switch also inline with the RIMS output. That gives me a mechanical and visual safety.

Wow, she is amazing. Please film your next brew...so I can figure out what everything is. Well done sir.

Any reason why you didn't mount your sightglass in the vertical run of piping just after the elbow? I have mine vertical to allow for draining.

Any reason why you didn't mount your sightglass in the vertical run of piping just after the elbow? I have mine vertical to allow for draining.

No particular reason. I will simply disconnect the triclover at the RIMS tube and it will drain. I will have to disconnect it to clean the RIMS tube anyway.

Are there any updates? I am really interested in the controller as well. Your whole system in inspiring.

Latest posts

Back